How do I get clothes to work on a custom made character? (limbs are put into models)

I am trying to make a morph that changes the character into a humanoid. I clone the shirt into the player using this script:

local debounce = false
script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
local humanoid = hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")
	if humanoid then 
	local character = hit.Parent
		if debounce == false then
			debounce = not debounce
			if character:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Shirt") or character:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Pants") then
				character.Shirt:Destroy()
				character.Pants:Destroy()
				local s = script.Shirt:Clone()
				local p = script.Pants:Clone()
				s.Parent = character
				p.Parent = character
			else
				local s = script.Shirt:Clone()
				local p = script.Pants:Clone()
				s.Parent = character
				p.Parent = character
			end
		end
	end
	wait(2)
 debounce = false
end)

My issue is that the shirt and pants are not visible on the character. I tried manually adding a shirt in, and my issue still stayed the same. My shirt and pants are located in the character. image

I am very sure that the issue is due to the fact that my morph just welds to the character, but I have no other way of changing the appearance of the character while adding custom additions such as shoes to it.

Are all those models just welded to the original limbs? Aka, RightUpperArm, RightLowerArm, etc…

If you like, recreated those limbs I don’t think there’s any way to get the shirts/pants to render, if that’s the case.

Your best option would be to use a lot of surface guis, if you want to make the clothes render I think you would have to fully replace the limbs instead of just welding the limbs to the character.

Also, if you’re using MeshParts then you can use TextureId and this will be much more versatile.

Make the custom character from blender and add textures with it. That’s probably the best solution you will come across when you’re creating a custom character shirts/pants don’t work anymore as it’s no longer a default character, it’s your own.

Instead of setting devouncw to not debounce

debounce = not debounce

Try

debounce = true
1 Like

Did you make sure to not use the actual shirt ID, but the ID that shows the template of the shirt when you’re viewing it on the page?

I had the same problem when I didn’t know about this where I used the shirt ID of the first picture instead of the second one.

The shirt:

Summary

The template of the shirt:

Summary

If you already did this then your other alternatives should be to try and either look if the shirt is valid or try to render it in a different way?

Once again if I’m going the wrong direction and you probably already did this, sorry.

1 Like