How do I get layered clothing on custom character

I imported this mannequin from mixamo, but layered clothing doesn’t work. It’s one mesh with bones.
Screenshot (830)

3 Likes

Is the mesh rigged and skinned? Also, what layered clothing are you trying to use? Are you using your own or are you importing it from the Roblox catalog?

You should also read through the Roblox Creator Docs.

I’m just gonna use layered clothing from the avatar shop.

Oh and uh idk if its skinned, how do I check?

Once you have a finished model, you would import a layered clothing item into Roblox Studio using this command:

game:GetService(“InsertService”):LoadAsset(ASSET_ID).Parent=workspace

Then you could just take the shirt object and place it inside your model and it would be wearing it. None of this will work if your model is not correctly configured.

If you are trying to make a playable character that can wear layered clothing, there’s a lot more you have to do. You won’t be able to just take a mesh and use it. It needs to be rigged, skinned, animated, and you will probably have to use a humanoid object.

Here are some docs that can help, but if you’re unfamiliar with how to do this it could take a while to learn. Using rthro and layered clothing within experiences is very difficult on Roblox right now, even for experienced developers.

https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine/classes/Humanoid

So how do I put a humanoid in it if it’s just one meshpart?

You would press the + button in the explorer and add the humanoid object, but it has to be customized.

If you really want to create a working rthro character, I would recommend following along the Creator Docs and tutorials. You’re probably going to have to use Blender to get what you want.

Well I know how to add things, and I had to use blender to lower the amount of triangles, but I mean is the meshpart the humanoid rootpart or do I need to add one? I’ve made many custom rigs but not one with just one meshpart.