How do I get rid of the roblox original footsteps?

I need help. Where are the Roblox original footstep scripts?

Are you talking about the sound, animations or what?

1 Like

I’m talking about the sounds. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmmm, I’m not sure really. Maybe try looking at the old animations? I’m sure if you typed in old animations a bunch will come up in the toolbox or library.

sounds are inside of the humanoid root part, and i think its controlled by the Animate script, but im not sure.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll try that. :slightly_smiling_face:

The sounds are controlled by RbxCharacterSounds in StarterPlayer>StarterPlayerScripts>RbxCharacterSounds

1 Like

Yeah but he said he wants the original once. As in the ones from the OLD ROBLOX. I don’t think they are still located in the character sounds.

I see. Roblox might’ve already removed the sounds. But, I guess the files could be out on the web.

The sounds are controlled by RbxCharacterSounds in StarterPlayer>StarterPlayerScripts>RbxCharacterSounds

To build off this response and to answer the question in OP:

You can override any “default” script by providing a script of your own. In this case, create a LocalScript, title it RbxCharacterSounds, and place it inside StarterPlayer.StarterPlayerScripts. This script will be used instead of the one provided by Roblox, allowing you to script your own sounds or other features.

If you just want to disable the footsteps sound but keep everything else, then I’d do the following:

1. Launch a Play Test session in Studio
  2. Go to Players.YourUsername.PlayerScripts and copy the RbxCharacterSounds script in there.
  3. Exit the Test, then paste the script you copied into StarterPlayer.StarterPlayerScripts.
  4. Open the script and remove or comment out the code related to footsteps sounds.

Yeah but he said he wants the original [ones]. As in the ones from the OLD ROBLOX. I don’t think they are still located in the character sounds.

When did OP say that? The thread title is asking how to remove the footsteps, and in their replies, OP said they specifically meant the sounds. I don’t see anything about wanting to replace the current sounds with the old ones.

9 Likes

Thank you so much. :slightly_smiling_face: