How do i get this to go backwards?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? get the throwing weapon to return to my hand

2. What is the issue? it won’t go backwards, it returns an error.

Video of the Error

1. What solutions have you tried so far? I tried to make the velocity into a * -200, -200, change it just to bv.Velocity = bv.Velocity - 200
bv.Velocity = character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame.LookVector -200

Please try:

bv.Velocity = -character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame.LookVector*200

Hope this helps! :smile:

1 Like

it works but it doesn’t come back
any idea how to fix?

Not sure what you mean by come back. Can you explain please?

1 Like

if you see, the axe throws, the idea is for it to come back, and then fit perfectly with the throw animation

i have the timing with the axe throw perfect, just need to get the backwards movement working

bv.Velocity = -character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame.LookVector*200
task.wait(1)
bv.Velocity = -bv.Velocity

That is the logic, but I doubt it would be possible to take the player voluntary and involuntary movements into account by this method.

2 Likes

do you have another method you could suggest?

You should probably go back to the animation editor and place the keyframes so it now plays backwards from where they ended after the axe was thrown if that makes sense.

2 Likes

i was thinking about tweening it, but if i’ll be honest i only have experience with still parts in tween service

If you are using an animation, you can place the final keyframe in the initial keyframe.

1 Like

i meant in terms of scripting, cause the animation is preset and i don’t wanna change it.

this is the concept i am looking to fufill, if it helps
https://i.gyazo.com/2632496a14e0609b4c114aed2835fd6b.gif

> this < might be useful for you. tho idk :man_shrugging:

i decided to switch to bodypos so i’m just gonna mark this as solution and move on

1 Like