How do I import ALL roblox gears?

so i want to add every roblox gear (including offsale ones) into a project for studying purposes, and there’s not enough doc info beside the catalog api to help with that.
by add, i mean porting EVERY tool into the game.

i think i can modify insertservice to fetch them by replacing the id with an hhtp, but i’m pretty sure insert is for 1
game:GetService("InsertService"):LoadAsset(IDNumber).Parent = game.StarterPack

however most methods involving gears have to do with javascript or json or whatever and i’m suprised you need external tools

excluding specific gears? not possible due to how the json works
spongebob-confused

1 Like

Unsure whether this is possible unless you are willing to spend a few hours or days scraping the gear catalog for every single gear (externally), compiling all the gear ids, and then spending an hour or two inserting every gear.

It could be possible, but it would be a tedious process.

1 Like

normally when you import them they’re in a model which is fine.
like how do i MASS INSERT Is the problem

1 Like

Scrape all of them using this endpoint with cursors and then use like you said InsertService to insert them into the game
https://catalog.roblox.com/v1/search/items?category=Accessories&includeNotForSale=true&limit=120&salesTypeFilter=1&subcategory=Gear

The endpoint returns data like this

"nextPageCursor": "2_1_91fbf5090e7a3a02601aa112600afffe",
"data": [
"id": 1,
"itemType": "Asset"
]

Warning: This will take FOREVER for all of them to load

2 Likes

the compiling looks so awesome.
time is a huge problem for this because it’s adding every tool ever created
imagine loading thousands of client/server scripts

1 Like

I don’t think inserting gears into studio would be too big of an issue, though if you wanna get all the ids in order to insert them to begin with, you’ll have to automate it.

Also you can’t insert gears all at once, I think it’s only possible to load them in one-by-one.

2 Likes

task.wait() should work
how would we find all of the IDs or possibly or maybe the links or names of the gears?
i know it’s possible to print audio names with a script i wrote

my bad if i’m asking for the solution rather than finding it myself, i have NEVER worked with endpoints or automation like this

1 Like

I believe someone gave you the solution to that earlier up in the post.

1 Like

no clue where you type that endpoint that compiles all of the catergory ids
wait how do i link posts

something like this could work but i think the source code was deleted

1 Like