How do I know I'm paying the right price for a terrain commission?

I think 3k-5k would be a fair price, since the older map you worked on looked better.

1 Like

I think that 2.5K :robux_light: is enough

I would pay 2000-5000 robux. 20000 robux is not worth it. I dont’ like paying for commissions and I have never done a commission but I am hoping to find a job thats reasonable.

It will atleast 5k because the graphics are good and the trees are not the same. They all different so it will be atleast 5k.

I’m back, I suggest you ask him for a review or refund.

I worked on this with my builder tutor for less than 20K, and we’re still making the jungles, rainforests and much more, I think 20K worth a bit more than what you got

I’m gonna go out on a limb on this one. I am confident in my ability to do terrain. I also do 3D modeling in Blender and building. I can do some scripting as well.

Doing terrain is the easiest thing in the world. You’re literally just painting, then finding the newest and highest quality terrain assets (like trees) in Roblox free models. Is that project worth 20k? In todays market, yes. Although I probably would of sold it when I was doing commissions from somewhere between 10-15k.

However, that is something anyone could of easily done. If you’re not confident in paying him that much, take the 2-3 days to learn how to make terrain. Terrain has a minimal skill gap. You can watch one video on photorealism on youtube for roblox, and one video for atmosphere on youtube for Roblox. After watching 15-20 minutes of videos, you too can create the same quality of work.

99% of these crazy terrain builds is just people spamming a free model from their toolbox then displacing the terrain so it doesn’t give a “perfect” look. Nothing is “perfect” in real life…

Here is the Roblox terrain everyone uses: Forest Pack - Roblox

Use that pack for your terrain and then watch a video on creating an atmosphere on YouTube and you’re good to go.

Since I’ve posted this, I’ve been dabbling a bit in creating terrain. It has definitely gotten to be a bit easier after I just put a little more effort into it. I think I’m still gonna go through with this commission once it’s finished, but after that, I’ll probably stick to creating my own terrain. It’ll be much cheaper that way anyway :joy:

1 Like