How do I let players change an image/decal in-game to something custom?

I am working on a side project where players will be able to have an apartment of their own, and they will have the ability to change the image of pictures on the wall in their apartment. The images/picture frames would have a ProximityPrompt in them that a player would interact with to open a GUI, where they would put the ID of the decal into the prompt, and then through a remote, the image on their wall would change.

One thing I am stuck on is, how do I get the the actual image from a player inserting a decal’s URL? I know the asset ID of an image =/= url ID of an image, but I am confused on how I would get it.

2 Likes

If you have a billboardgui as your picture frame, insert a image label. After the player entered the ID, simply put it into the image label’s Image property.

Decals and image labels are very similar, the only thing setting them apart is that image labels are based off of UI, while decals are just textures on parts.

1 Like

What? There are no billboard GUI’s involved here, or image labels. This is a decal on a brick.

Also, I do not think you are understanding what I am saying in my post in regards to asset ID vs. URL ID.

Here, we see the asset ID of this decal (6673967738).

The same decal, seen here, has a URL ID of 6673968185.

6673968185 =/= 6673967738. Using the URL ID as the asset ID, which would happen if I made it so players just insert the URL ID in, results in this:

I do not believe your answer to be the solution here

1 Like

maybe you need this:

3 Likes