How do I make a camera "overlay" for a camera system?

Hey there!
I’m making a simple camera system, I used a pretty neat tutorial to get started, and modified it with RemoteEvents to smooth it out a bit.

I really just wanna add one thing to it, and that is a camera “overlay”, tbh I don’t know what the right term for it is.

To describe what I mean, I’m trying to describe an overview of the map, which indicates what room your camera is actually showing. I’ll drop an image from FNAF to kinda show what I mean.

As you can see the green highlighted room is what the cam should be showing.

I’m not really sure where to start on this. Do I have to make a “blueprint” of the required map, or take a screenshot of the map above, and edit it from there? I don’t have much experience in art and UI design, so I’m not really sure what to do.

Appreciate any help or suggestions!

2 Likes

You could probably just have an image with text buttons on top with the names of the rooms on the buttons.

When you click one of these buttons, it could set the button’s background color to green and switch to its respective camera.

1 Like

Hey thanks for responding!
But I’m more asking on how to make said image
My mistake if that wasn’t too clear

1 Like

Perhaps you could create a PNG in some image editing software, set it as the image of some image label, and then set the image label’s background transparency to 1?

1 Like

I’ll give that a try!
Would you be able to recommend any image editing softwares? I don’t really know any, and I as well don’t really have a budget, so I can only find free ones. Unfortunately they all insist on slapping a watermark

1 Like

I know a lot of people use paint.net, but I personally use something called Figma. It’s not as advanced as other graphic design programs like products from the Adobe Suite since it’s mainly for web design/prototyping.

1 Like