How do I make a difficulty chart unique?

I’m currently working on making my very own difficulty chart, but I’ve thought, how do I make the obby more unique and how long do I have to make each stage, currently this is how it looks:

and I would like your feedback on this too.

3 Likes

add unique stages i guess and maybe add randomized stages? if thats possible

It could be possible but it kind of would ruin the game’s purpose.

btw can i know what kind of chart obby is it?

It’s mostly a difficulty chart one with different obstacles and different stages etc.

i know,…but is it a wall hop or wraparound…

There are just different stages, like a normal obby but it gets more difficult, there are wall hops and wrap arounds too.

ok i get it let me get ideas from my brain

I’ve never made a chart obby, but it might be cool if you added game modes like easy, normal, speedrun, night time etc…

(Also, this is my first post on the dev forum :D)

4 Likes

and maybe add fog mode super speed mode and super jump mode and completing them guves you cash which can be made to buy in game items etc?

Hm, it could be useful but the thing is a difficulty chart would go from easy to normal etc etc.
And also, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the kind welcome buddy!

I haven’t played that many chart obbies, but you got a good point. Diffuculty modes might not work. But here are some other ideas:

1. Give it some simulator aspects (might change the game entirely):

• Start off with one playable stage. Every time a player completes a stage, they are sent back to the
      beginning with some coins and another stage is added.

• Once a player gets through all stages, they have the option to rebirth.

• Allow players to cash out at any time, but the further they get, the greater their reward is.

2. Add themes:

• Add a menu that has a few options to change the scenery, music, lighting, etc…

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, these are great ideas, and if the game ever does well I’ll most likely implement these as an update!

I would suggest adding elements into the game, for example a test stage after every 3 difficulties to see if they are ready to move on with no check points? I have not seen any charts that have done that so it could be unique. Although, not everyone may be happy with this. You could also add some game modes like races, that would be liked.

1 Like

These are some great ideas! Might take some into consideration.

2 Likes

Add custom parts! Don’t rely off of JToH kit/ToH kit too much, instead try making your own sections or twists! Examples :

• Make a 0 gravity section
  • Have it so the player always runs in a direction and YOU need to move the objects so the player doesn’t die
  • Have wall walking parts
  • Give some story to the game
  • Have it so players need to construct a vehicle to make it past a stage (or have the premise be that)

In short, don’t limit yourself to boring old obbies, be creative and think outside of the box! A simple killbrick obby won’t do it, but one where you need to guide the player and can’t control the player would.

How to make a difficulty chart obby unique? Haha…funny…

2 Likes

Maybe add themed difficulties, each level being set in a different world. Add more unique variables like timed challenges and special prizes.