How do I make a permanent event across all servers?

Hello everyone! I don’t know if this will make any sense, but I want to try to make something like this or this or this (yes I am a beginner scripter:,)) basically a game where you can spend robux to place something permanent that syncs across all servers in seconds.
I have no clue how to script it, though. I assume I could make a script that somehow, when someone buys a certain product, the event runs across all servers with

instance.New("ModelID")

But make it… global? Make it run across all servers I guess? And ModelID would have to be the player’s avatar (like a statue game, but if it’s impossible to determine a player’s avatar like that, maybe different types of rocks or something)

Extra notes

I don’t want to hire someone, but I don’t know if I can get these creators to help me. Honestly, I might be able to figure out instance.New but I am not sure how to make it global.

Anyone able to help me?

Is it possible that you could use cross-server messaging to tell any other server a change has taken place where the subscribing servers would process the message and take action you require.
Perhaps just a simple change like a change in colour of an object which is in every server.
Setting up the test scenario would be an interesting challenge.
Link for cross-server messaging:
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/cross-server-messaging

1 Like

MessagingService is what you want to use, however you should be aware that if MessagingService is down the player would be spending their Robux on nothing. You should wrap MessagingService:PublishAsync() in a pcall. If the pcall returns an unsuccessful message, you should store the players purchase in a Datastore and retry it periodically or when the player rejoins. Another way to do this is to give the player a button on the screen that pushes this request, that way the player has control over this event.

1 Like