How do I make a piggy game?

Hello, The Lost devs,

I am a small developer with low scripting skills, I wonder if I can make a piggy game like @MiniToon. I only wanna ask “What scripting element to make a piggy game?” such as Shop, Intermission and voting system, and Round system.

Hope you can help

1. You shouldn’t ask people to script you the entire game.

2. You should also try searching before asking.

A quick google search and you can find a good tutorial by AlvinBlox on the step by step process of making a “piggy” game.

If you’re new to scripting, then please do not start a big project like this. You’ll need a lot of knowledge in order to understand and create things in the game.

But, I wanna know what scripting element do I need to make the piggy game like ReplicatedStorage or CollectionService. I have been scripting for 2 years and I said I have a low scripting skill because I didn’t know much about it, I didn’t know about tick() and more

I really - really want to follow his piggy tutorial, but I don’t even learn something from his piggy tutorial because he only teach us with free model

Then you shouldn’t be just learn things that’s being needed for your game. You MUST learn everything, no matter what, even if they aren’t useful in the scripting, they would be useful at some point.

If you said you have a low scripting skills, then why bother defending yourself?

Oh, ok. Thanks for your information

I have wanted to create a piggy game before, I’d say you should start with a basic version of it, for example

ok so what is included in piggy?

1. opening doors
  2. keys with locks
  3. custom characters
  4. story system
    etc…

but you need to make it basic so then do this.

1. instead of making the door smoothly open, you can just add a click detector and if it is clicked, then make the door invis and can collide to false and make a different part of the door appear and make it look like you opened the door

2. well this one is actually simple. All you have to do is that when the locked door is touched, see if the key tool touched it, if it is the key tool, then destroy the door, its how the piggy game works. This may seem hard but I’ve actually done it.

3. I would look at gnome codes how to make custom characters
    CUSTOM CHARACTERS - How to create, rig and animate - Bing video

4. I usually would do this when you got the basic concepts down, then you can add some bonus stuff

now if you want to know the complete list of what you need to know and what to do to make the basic concept of a piggy game, here is the list.

list of things you need to do

1. make a round system and instead of making the player become a piggy character, you can just give them a killer tool and when the tool touches a survivor, then kill the player
  2. you need to make a script that when the player dies, you remove them from this survivor table that you have to create because, then how is the script gonna know if it is another piggy for infection mode (a.k.a more than 2 piggies), or if they are just a player thats not a survivor

what you should learn

1. basics of scripting(I will give you a table of this)
  2. the really basics of tools
  3. basics of map making
  4. events(this is gonna be VERY important, you better master this)
  5. camera controls

the basics of scripting

• variables
  • functions
  • for loops
  • for i,v loops
  • printing
  • paramaters for functions
  • events(I think)
  • and I little bit of animating
  • if then statements

I think this is the full list but I might missed a few

but any way, do you want me to continue?

1 Like