How do I make a realistic tree?

Hi! I’m D_Lexus and I am planning on reopening my commissions as a Low Poly and Realistic builder.

I want to know how to create my own realistic trees same as those seen on realistic showcases. I have been searching for some tutorials on youtube but never found a video. I was hoping anyone from here would be able to help.

Trees like these:

9 Likes

I think if you use textures it should allow you to.

2 Likes

Feedback

The trees present are a combination of cones, cylinders and leaf decals. The decals are placed in a way to make it appear that it is connected to the trunk.

3 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions, I will surely try experimenting more on the textures and shapes.

Oh boy, its really hard to make one (at least for me). You have to make them on blender (because i didn’t find a way to do it on studio), once you have made the trunk you need to put him textures (its easy to get them just check on google and u will find some free stuff to download) but heres comes the fun part because when u insert them, or the texture looks bigger or it looks smaller. After u fix it, you have to put the leaves in the trunk and then you are done.

I don’t know if this is accurate, i’m just explaining from my perspective, if its to hard you can find some of these trees on a nature kit.

1 Like

They are all meshes. I’m sure it’s not that hard, but I don’t know how to make them with the new version of Blender and none of the YouTube tutorials help because they use confusing materials and a bunch of other stuff… Someone should really make a tutorial on this specifically for Roblox games.

1 Like

Simply just add some realistic textures or look for some tutorials on YouTube.

You use BLENDER for the models. And another program for the texture.

1 Like

If you know a little around blender, this is your answer, low poly, realistic, simple:

To export it to roblox, you’ll need to seperate the leaves from the trunk of course for the alpha/transparent leaves.

Some things can be skipped in the tutorial though like shading/normal maps/etc because it only shows on blender, roblox is still behind :pensive:

12 Likes

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed.

1 Like

Whenever i make one, the transparent texture becomes white for some reason on roblox studio, anyone knows how to fix it?

when we put a lot in our game is it make lagging or not ?

yes it will, never do leaves a little bit transparent. make different variations of trees, (lods), lower texture quality