How do I make a Rocket

Hello, I am trying to make a Rocket and I need some help on how to achieve this.

1. What do you want to achieve? Make a Nominal Rocket

2. What is the issue? I know little on Object and Game Space Programming

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I have looked on Dev hub, What I found was to use RocketPropulsion but it said that it is legacy and I’m currently trying vectors, I am just afraid of it being really choppy

4 Likes

May I suggest you do a search using your favourite browser.

6 Likes

If you want to make a rocket super efficient and look super clean I would look into the FastCast module.

The module pretty much does all the hard stuff for you and all you need to do is set values and program the explosion when the rocket hits.

(Not only you can make the rocket be effected by gravity :wink:)

1 Like

Sounds Cool, I tried the BodyVelocity and It would only move the Seat, I would have to weld the ship to the seat which I would like to avoid. I will definitely try FastCast

1 Like

Is there any reason you’re avoiding welds? Welds are Roblox’s way of keeping things together, and work extremely well when using physics.

1 Like

Because I am Going to have Different types of Rockets including Unmanned and I really don’t want to force a seat and Player into a Remote Control Module Just to Control it. I would really want them to just sit in the seat at Mission Control (Or 3rd Person of the Rocket using Cameras) and Have it launch. I will try welding the Seat.

1 Like

Oh man i misunderstood you I thought u wanted to make a rocket launcher. In this case I would use BodyVelocity or BodyForce if you want to apply physics. You wanna add force to the Part connected to the whole rocket not the seat. If you have any issues or questions feel free to say them.

No Problem, I tried doing both and it just falls and sits there. I might have to create my own Module to help “Push” through Vector Movement.

Can you show me the rocket you have built? (Explorer)
Have you welded the rocket?

Yes, Everything is Welded

Smoke is Welded to Fire and Fire is Welded to the Union

Set Network Owner Before Using

--//Example Script 
local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService");
local RocketRoot = <Root Part Goes Here>;
local BodyVelocity= RocketRoot.BodyVelocity;

--[[
--//Network Ownership Example
local BodyVelocity = RocketRoot.BodyVelocity;
BodyVelocity.Velocity= Vector3.new(0, math.huge, 0);
RocketRoot:SetNetworkOwner(Player);
]]

UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(input, ctx)
     if (ctx) then return end

if (input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.E) then
          BodyVelocity.Velocity = Vector3.new(0, 10, 0); 
     end
end)

UIS.InputEnded:Connect(function(input, ctx)
     if (ctx) then return end

if (input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.E) then
          BodyVelocity.Velocity = Vector3.new(0, 0, 0); 
     end
end)
1 Like

Is it Supposed to Be BodyGyro? It Keeps saying BodyVelocity is not a valid member of BodyGyro

BodyGyro does Rotations not movement, also use my script as an example not something to copy paste. You never learn from copy pasting.

Yeah I know, I have been Dissecting it to see what works so I can learn and Create my Own Module to help make my Rocket Launch scripts Quick

1 Like

I was Also Watching some Videos and Non Addressed Network Ownership

1 Like

Great man, if you have any further questions feel free to ask them.

1 Like

I now what Network ownership is, I am Just wonder why would it need to addressed? Oh Wait is it to Prevent Ownership “Hopping”?

1 Like

Thank you, Played around with it, Change some Stuff and Ended up making a Different concept, But It Works!

1 Like