How do I make a simple marketplace catalog (catalog avatar editor)?

I’ve been trying for days to create a simple working Gui with the marketplace catalog. This is not what the game is based on, it should be a small addition so that players can try on and buy accessories, clothes (both classic and 3d), animations, bundles and so on.
But I am faced with the fact that the gui does not work. I don’t understand how to make everything work at once: both the fitting and the purchase. I know that you need to use the MarketplaceService as the main one.
There are several catalog options in the toolbox, but there are no new items in them. These catalog options lack new accessories, bundles, and 3D clothing.

:camera:Here is a screenshot, I would like to create something similar and as simple as possible, without unnecessary details:

Maybe someone has had the experience of creating something like this? If it’s not difficult for you to share your tips, please.
Or if you want to suggest something, you can write me a personal message and we will discuss it😉
I will be glad of any help!
Thank you very much!

The key service is the AvatarEditorService. This service brings functionality to prompting avatar-related things and the main searching. You can use AvatarEditorService:SearchCatalog() to search the Roblox catalog with the given CatalogSearchParams object.

As for fitting, you can modify a HumanoidDescription and apply it to the player’s character. You will need the Asset IDs when modifying the description, which obviously comes from searching the catalog and through MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo().

1 Like