How do I make a slide?

Hello everyone, I mean, like how can I make a slide, where you slide down it, like the ones in the parks. I tried to put friction and friction weight to 0, but, I don’t seem to slide down the ‘slide’ I made.
The slide is a union and not a part, but I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t affect it. Should I make the player frictionless?

3 Likes

I recommend not using unions for complex structures, as their appearance/hitbox is usually buggy. Onto the slide, most games usually use something like this, as it’s very simple.

1. Have a slide model ready and an invisible, non-collide part at the start of the slide. This is where players will be put onto the slide. We will call this “Entrance.”

2. Create a server script in the entrance and type a script similar to this one or just copy + paste.

function onTouched(object) -- Checks if its been touched
	if object.Name == 'HumanoidRootPart' then -- Checks if its a player
		object.Parent.Humanoid.Sit = true -- Slides the player down
	end
end

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(onTouched)
  1. This part is optional but recommended.
    1. Create a part at the base of the slide with identical properties to the entrance. This will get players off the slide if they haven’t already. We will call this “Exit.”
    2. Duplicate your script from entrance and insert it into exit, but change the line object.Parent.Humanoid.Sit = true to object.Parent.Humanoid.Sit = false.
9 Likes

Right then, I guess that was pretty obvious, XD.
Thanks anyways!

1 Like