How do i make a sword equip animation?

hello, my friend gave me a challenge to make a sword system in Roblox but I don’t know how to animate the character when equip and unequip.
here’s an example
when unequip I need the player to put the sword back to where it was, just like this but I don’t know what to use after the animation, should I use a weld constraint to keep the sword in place or something else?

and when equip the player needs to pull the sword out.
what do you recommend using?

1 Like

Hello,

From my knowledge (which isn’t the best) you would need to create a few animations (swords resting on back, swords being pulled out, swords being put back) from there you would need to script or find a script that can execute those animations correctly and make them play or run when needed.

1 Like

but how do i make the sword stay on the back?

1 Like

Could work if you script it to attach to the humanoid/player model, and say they have to press “q” to equip it, where you’ll run the animation that’s on the arms/tool

1 Like

so using weld or weld constraint?

1 Like

This should work, although not 100% sure Humanoid | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

ok now the equip part, do i change the weld constraint Part1 to the player hand when the animation grabs it?

1 Like

Seems like it would work, give it a try! Just change the welds once the animation has stopped playing for both the arm and tool

You can just attach the sword to the back using animations to make it easier, just make a looped animation that has the sword attached to the characters back