How do I make a VR game?

Hello, I wanted to make a VR game on roblox but I don’t know where to start, and I am pretty confused on the wiki page on it. I am making this post to see if anyone is able to answer any of my questions.

How would I make controller movement/head movement? Is it automatically tracked where I just name a part a specific thing in a specific area (like StarterCharacter), and that will become the arms, or do I need to use GetUserCFrame every renderstep to figure out the position and change the parts position to that (and change the camera cframe)/

How would I make grabbing? Would I need to detect the input and check if any grabbable objects are in range, and if it is weld it to the arm?

How can I detect fast movement? Example is swinging a sword or punching a tree. How can I detect those?

These are all of my questions for now, and I apologize if it’s a lot to ask for, but I am confused on these parts. I could use a premade module, but I’d rather not since the only reason why I want to make a VR game, is because I want to learn how to code better, and using a premade module would ruin that purpose, and also because I thought a VR game would be challenging. Thank you for reading

2 Likes

You can get a button pressed with UserInputService, and with grabbing, use GetUserCFrame.

To detect grabbing, I am assuming it is the same as the gamepad buttons, so you would use UserInputService.InputBegan for a simple way, but I highly recommend ContextActionService. It is up to you.

The buttons you would want to detect (Enum.KeyCode):

I have never made a VR game, so good luck!

2 Likes

Alright thank you so much for your reply :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes