How do I make a water block?

That you can swim in a block with no collision with some properties like the terrain water

1 Like

No, i want to make a block that you can swim in

1 Like

They actually recently released an update under the terrain tab called “Water Level” or something like that. But actually I think that they just changed the properties of a normal part in flood escape.

2 Likes

That’s called Sea level but i think you use it to move the water vertically, i want to find how to make a water block, a block where you can swim

1 Like

Do you mean this?

And then you can fill it with water?

I am slightly confused with what you mean.

1 Like

The OP wants something like minecraft. Sorry I cant contribute more :frowning:

Couldnt you make a block with touched and have it make gravity slower? Or instead of touched, make it a region. That would be more reliable.

1 Like

Not a block where it fills with water, i know do that, i want to make something like FE2, where you can swim in the water but that is not using the water terrain, it’s using a block

1 Like

You’re gonna need to detect if it’s a certain part, if it is, then you play whatever swimming animation you currently possess.

1 Like

Wouldnt it be the same more or less as I posted above? Simulate the water by altering the players movement.

Have a function that sets the players movement in the water, and when they leave, another function that sets it back.

1 Like

But how i do it? i don’t know like nothing about that

1 Like

This might be useful for you.

3 Likes

He means that like a swimmable part

2 Likes

I believe the OP (i believe people use OP to say the guy asking but eh :man_shrugging:) is trying to create a part that simulates water but isn’t using any roblox terrarin whatsoever, Basically, he still wants people to swim in it and act like roblox terrarin water, but it isnt.

2 Likes

Search first before posting topics please.

https://devforum.roblox.com/search?q=part%20water%20category%3A55

4 Likes

So, i didn’t understand a bit the HumanoidStateType and the VectorForce, but i want to say, HumanoidStateType is used to change the state of the player (swimming/climbing) and if i change to swimming the player will start swimming?

1 Like

HumanoidStateType describes the state that the Humanoid is currently in. Yes, you could change the state to swimming via ChangeState, but that is not enough. You will have to learn about BodyForces in order to create water parts that you can move in.

You just need to do the research and you’ll find your answers. For example, this post:

3 Likes

I made swimming mechanics in this place here. Same controls for surfacing and diving. I only used a BodyVelocity for this.

I basically just changed the BodyVelocity’s Velocity property to the Humanoid’s MoveDirection relative to their character’s cframe. For surfacing and diving, I just changed the Y-coordinate of the BodyVelocity to the direction they’ll go

4 Likes

Could you show me an example? For me, get an explain doesn’t works for me.

Can you please teach me how???

robloxapp-20220130-1620296.mp4