How do I make an effect similar to this?

Wow… that’s amazing! but how did they do it?

I am not sure. All we can guess is that they probs:

• Parenting the whole map (leaving the stuffs that concerns scripts) somewhere.
  • Teleporting player way far of the actual map (Atmosphere dense and offset must be set to make the main world invinsible / Fog) where the map for this effect takes place in (in BloxFruits they probs do a randomized position for the map).

It’s just 2 of 100s of possiblities, keep that in mind.

How could i possibly hide terrain tho?

I managed to do something similar, I get every descendant of workspace, and set it’s transparency to 1, of course to make it work correctly, I gave it a blacklist of parts to not take in mind like the player’s character, and also stored the original transparency along with the part in a table to i can restore it to its original transparency after the effect is done, but this seems really wacky, sounds like something that would give problems in the future.

It would be way easier to set the effect far away from the map, which in my case I kinda did, but only 500 studs above the map, I tried 1500 studs and although it does work it gives me the “Gameplay paused” message for a second which makes it look bad, idk why, it isn’t even that far.

1 Like

You could set workspace.StreamingEnabled to false or set the workspace.StreamingIntegrityMode to disabled

Where I got the answer from

Well this is definitely an improvement, yet it still lacks something, probably the particles are not really good.

1 Like

Yes Try adding various particles (Diffrent Types). Make the particles Glow, Chnag the speed of the particles maybe. And only get that cinematic frames appear when using the ability.

You know after sticking out for so long I am intrested in recreating that effect myself ! Ill update you if actually did it.

Oh please do, It would be amazing to see your recreation.

Also, How do I make glowing particles?

And… In the original video the particles seem to be way closer to the character, but are not visible before the white parts disappear, how?

Simply Disabling it enabling it when the white parts disappear will do the trick.

Play around with the particle Brightness, LightEmisson and LightInfluence.
Note that Brightness will only be available if LightInfluence is less than 1.

Edit : Also I was like wondering how the particles were not repetitve but now I see they are particles and not beams… Why was I thinking of beams when I talked about particles all this time… But how do you make the lines face it like that?

1 Like

How did you do the particles? Cause they seems super far

What do you mean exactly? ca3rr3ca3w12

The particles from your creation seems so far while the particles I am making seems so close…

That’s because they are far

Honestly I could have made them closer

1 Like

I took some inspiration and added a bunch more effects and used a few tricks and this was the final result

I can’t thank you enough @MilkyFiend for all the help you provided me with, your determination is astonishing.

1 Like

Ay, You surprised me on the final part, the black and white player part felt too good! Well Done!
Those blood / paint piles were image label randomly played using raycasts?

Oh and I thought of how you could achieve those circles around the sphere! I believe if you fire multiple raycasts from the center point of half of the sphere (from inside ofcourse) when it hits a wall other than players, we can make cylinders and tween them!

Well I couldn’t really finish mine… I got a headache just watching my particles and well, I guess I can say I gave up… But here’s the
resultl (100.1 KB) tho. The scripts are messy, as well as the workspace… I was thinking if I successfully do it Ill organise them but well I kinda gave up because of a headache… And I can’t really take a video my device can’t really handle the many particles I put so yeah… I didn’t do the circles thingy as well… Sorry if you were expecting something good…

Looking sweet! Nice group effort!

1 Like

It’s just the Z-index. You can adjust it on particles, so that they’re ‘above’ the map on your screen.

I took a look at your result, and honestly it surprised me! your particles are insane, I might even have to copy them :eyes:

The white paint piles is just a particle emitter with sphere shape and surface shape style.

Before I close this post, I’d like to know, “Z-Index”? I couldn’t find a property like that in a particlemitter, i found “Z-offset” but that just makes the particles start from a different position.

Sorry, I meant Z-offset.The Z-offset determines the hierarchy of rendered elements in the viewport. It may look like they start from a different position, but they’re actually being brought forwards towards the camera. You can use it to make things appear infront of the terrain, so that you can make the terrain dissappear with particles.

Wow! I had no clue about this! This is awesome!