How do i make bike like Obby But You're on a Bike?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    Bike that will not trip/fall over
    Reference : [W6] Obby But You're on a Bike - Roblox

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I can make a bike but it will fall over and not stay still like the referenced game

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Making a flat invisible part for stabilizing but it doesnt work perfectly

2 Likes

So far I know it’s not yet known how to completely replicate it, but I dare say that the bike in the original game is not a part but rather some sort of incorporeal replica of a model.

The bike phases through walls, it doesnt have any weight shown by how a normal physics object would bounce slightly when hitting back on the floor, and overall it just looks too floaty.

So, I’m guessing it’s a clone without physics with your character playing an animation to make it seem like you’re biking.

I have no clue how they make the movement system though…

2 Likes

That’d be my guess and that’s similar to how I did free-roam hoverboarding in my own game.

This is just a chararacter running around with higher walkspeed and animations that utilize an attached board model and are lifted off the ground by a bit. If I’d go for an “bike obby” clone, I’d also add some accel/deccel to make it more realistic and a bit of bounce on landing from a higher jump.

2 Likes

Right now, I’m trying to make a roblox vehicle thats invisible and then make a rig for player and bike to animate.

1 Like

Yes, that very close to the truth. But It also can be classic bike that move according by camera look vector. To make movement smooth they could set original vehicle seat speed to 0, and move it with body velocity, and make bike “jump” by impulse. To disable shake they could set mass to 0 and add body gyro. But this theory sound too hard. So I think your idea is closer than mine.

Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya yaYa ya ya ya ya ya ya yaYa ya ya ya ya ya ya yaYa ya ya ya ya ya ya ya.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/giving-out-my-bike-system/132716/72

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.