How do I make fire across this beam rather than adding multiple parts with fire?

Hey Developers,

So I wanted to create this fireplace and as I added some fire I couldn’t figure out how to make the fire go across the fireplace with only 1 fire effect. I don’t want to keep adding a bunch of parts with the fire effect since the fireplace is pretty long, in return creating a laggy experience.

1 Like

You could try beams for this, but it wouldn’t look as good as the actual fire that Roblox Studio has. Since you could only use textures for the beam.

2 Likes

You can try replicating the fire effect with a particle emitter instead of a fire instance.

1 Like

I’d prefer the actual fire since I don’t want a low quality game at the end and something I’m not pleased with.

Do you have an example of how I could reference? I’m not sure how to replace the pre made ones in the example with fire, or something close enough

Particle emitters look better than the flame emitter. You just have to tweak it to fit the object. This flame can be used on a long beam, but its the wrong size.

2 Likes

P1 is Part1, P2 is Part2.

Just add a beam inside game.Workspace, then set Attachment0 to Part1 and Attachment1 to Part2. Once you’ve done that, you can now select your desired fire texture (image).

1 Like

I tried it, it’s pretty much just an image being spammed. I think just going with a bunch of fires would be better…

I will note that the Fire object is a very dated asset… We’re talking like 2009, and the texture reflects that. ParticleEmitter objects are much better to use, spread across entire Parts, can have higher fidelity (you said you wanted it to be more realistic), and a lot more applicable settings to tweak.

Everyone’s suggesting ParticleEmitters for a reason. You can make a texture that’s way better, and then tweak the settings to make sense. You can also use a mix of ParticleEmitters to emit fire, sparks, and smoke separately.

The other suggestion being a Beam object is also a smart method that I’ve used in the past, especially if the player is only viewing the fire from one side, like in the case of a fireplace.

1 Like