How do I make Gui's appear for only the player?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    How do I make Gui’s Appear for only the player?

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Gui’s in my game will appear for everybody if they are made visible but I only want them to be visible for the player who made it visible.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I haven’t tried any solutions because I have no idea what to do. I couldn’t find any other topics about this.

2 Likes

Are you using a local script or server script? Code ran in local scripts does not replicate to other clients, so only the local player should see the gui if you toggle it via local script.

1 Like

It depends on what event you are using to have the GUI pop up for only specific players.

Share the code you’re using.

Then you’d just do it through a local script, unless you want it for just a certain person?

I’m not exactly sure how you achived the gui to open for all users, but clearly a server script is involved, make sure all your client code stays inside of your localscript.

Only the player that activated it, not everybody.

Then you’d just do it through a local script, unless you want it for just a certain person?

You just repeated what you said, also, i suppose it IS an certain player:

local UI = UI_PATH
local Button = BUTTON_PATH
Button.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
   UI.Enabled = true
end

Unless it’s a frame or something?

1 Like

Also, can you test what people have mentioned earlier?

If you dont use a remote event when making a UI visible it wont be visible for all the other people on the server, well only the player that fired that event.

Please, just read it, its not on all occasions that an remoteEvent will fire for only one player.

1 Like

Yes, I knew all that she made it seem like she only wanted one player so I suggested a remote event but just to the client that fired it…

RemoteEvents are easily exploitable, but i would say in some occasions, it is required to use…

Uh, I’m not the one who needs helping it her…

Just clone or create a Gui into a player’s PlayerGui through any script, only the player in question will be able to see it.

Generally it’s advised to use local scripts for this kind of stuff, as the code would run separately for each client

She hasn’t really been replying or cooperating so it’s hard to know what she’s trying to even get at

Use local scripts for that, since Local script is only visible for the targeted players and not anyone else.

To make a GUI appear separately for individual clients you can just use a local script and script the GUI’s, thats all. Very simple. Also, if you want to know more about local scripts read here

[30 charsssssssssssssssssssss]

1 Like