How do I make Gui's appear for only the player?

Are you using a local script or server script? Code ran in local scripts does not replicate to other clients, so only the local player should see the gui if you toggle it via local script.

1 Like

It depends on what event you are using to have the GUI pop up for only specific players.

Share the code you’re using.

Then you’d just do it through a local script, unless you want it for just a certain person?

I’m not exactly sure how you achived the gui to open for all users, but clearly a server script is involved, make sure all your client code stays inside of your localscript.

Only the player that activated it, not everybody.

Then you’d just do it through a local script, unless you want it for just a certain person?

You just repeated what you said, also, i suppose it IS an certain player:

local UI = UI_PATH
local Button = BUTTON_PATH
Button.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
   UI.Enabled = true
end

Unless it’s a frame or something?

1 Like

Also, can you test what people have mentioned earlier?

If you dont use a remote event when making a UI visible it wont be visible for all the other people on the server, well only the player that fired that event.

Please, just read it, its not on all occasions that an remoteEvent will fire for only one player.

1 Like

Yes, I knew all that she made it seem like she only wanted one player so I suggested a remote event but just to the client that fired it…

RemoteEvents are easily exploitable, but i would say in some occasions, it is required to use…

Uh, I’m not the one who needs helping it her…

Just clone or create a Gui into a player’s PlayerGui through any script, only the player in question will be able to see it.

Generally it’s advised to use local scripts for this kind of stuff, as the code would run separately for each client

She hasn’t really been replying or cooperating so it’s hard to know what she’s trying to even get at

Use local scripts for that, since Local script is only visible for the targeted players and not anyone else.

To make a GUI appear separately for individual clients you can just use a local script and script the GUI’s, thats all. Very simple. Also, if you want to know more about local scripts read here

[30 charsssssssssssssssssssss]

1 Like

You need some knowledge and basic understanding in how client-server architecture works.
But basically the answer to your question is simple.
You need to use a localscript for this.
Localscript is a script that runs only for the player
ServerScript (Normal script) is a script that is only being ran on the server side.
In order to achieve what you want, you need to make the gui visible on the client.
local gui = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer.PlayerGui.Gui gui.Enabled = true -- will only be enabled for the current player.
If you’d like to make it visible for a specific player from the server, you will need remote events.
Remote events are just like some bridges that are used to establish a safe connection between the server and client and vice-versa.
You need to create a remote, and fire it from the server.
Server side code:
local remote = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").RemoteEvent -- storing the remote event. remote:FireClient(AnyPlayer) -- AnyPlayer stands for the player you want to receive the signal. -- Remember that this is done on the server side
Client side code :
local remote = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").RemoteEvent -- storing the remote event local player= game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer -- storing the player in the variable remote.OnClientEvent:Connect(function() -- we use OnClientEvent to receive the signal from the server. player.PlayerGui.Gui.Enabled = true -- Enabling the gui for him. end)
and this is how you enable a gui on a certain client.