How do I make houses like they do in adopt me?

How do I make houses like adopt me?
(EXAMPLES)

Hey first post here and I was wondering how to make houses like adopt me does.
Anyone who has played the game knows that the houses are small but have a larger area inside to save space

8 Likes

they use a couple meshparts and custom textures you need to make unique chairs bookshelves etc with the texture foorings and walls

4 Likes

Chances are your teleported somewhere off the map, your not in the house

(I’ve never played adopt me, but I’m guessing that’s how it works, similar to meep city)

6 Likes

and the teleportation is a room far from the actual house and its hidden when not inside

3 Likes

Thats originally what I thought I just didn’t know if there was a better way Thank you oM!

2 Likes

Do you got any suggestions on where to hide the rooms? Pretty sure if I put the rooms high up in the sky, the players start glitching, and if I put it any lower, the rooms would be visible to the player in the sky if you look up in the sky with max graphics.

1 Like

You could have the rooms render on the client rather than the server.

4 Likes

I suggest doing what @HugeCoolboy2007 suggest and render them in on the client only you can see them when needed

2 Likes

I was thinking under the baseplate or terrain

2 Likes

If you do that, then you should disable global shadows locally, or else it’ll be super dark

2 Likes

I couldn’t do that because I have Workspace.FallenPartsDestroyHeight set to a point where players can’t swim under the map, so if I put the rooms under the map, it would either be destroyed or the player will die once they get in the room.

2 Likes

Try sticking them next to the map with mountains to block them from view.

4 Likes

You can create a border around the map and behind that border can be the houses.
Edit: I mean like mountains, skyscrapers and other stuff.

3 Likes

I think you should use character:teleportto()

3 Likes

no but there are going to be pointlights and lights inside the house, right?

2 Likes

i was thinking far off the side of the map

3 Likes

One problem with that is that my map is surrounded by ocean

2 Likes

Probably has different houses somewhere on the Map, What you could do is when somebody goes into the house. Insert a Model into workspace with a spawn (Tp the player there) and everything else put into ServerStorage or ReplicatedStorage client sided.

1 Like

Use atmosphere to restrict the amount people can see.

3 Likes

A little map wall can do too, so that it is perfectly hidden by big “natural” rocks.

2 Likes