How do I make it so when a player touches a part, he gets a tool

So I want to make it when a player passes through a part(it’ll have CanCollide off and transparency to 1), they will get a sword. How can I give it to them and then take it away when they go through the part again?

2 Likes

Use the Touched event.

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(part)
	--Find character
	local character = part:FindFirstAncestorOfClass("Model")
	if(character) then
		--Find humanoid
		local humanoid = character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")
		if(humanoid) then
			--See if player already has tool
			if(not player.Backpack:FindFirstChild(tool.Name) and not character:FindFirstChild(tool.Name)) then
				--Give tool to player
			else
				--Remove tool from player
			end
		end
	end
end)

Edit: it’s also a good idea to use a cooldown/debounce so the script doesn’t continually give and take away the tool to players.

1 Like

Place your sword in ReplicatedStorage, and insert a (server) Script inside the part that you want players to touch to get their sword.
Then in the script, you can call the Touched event, which detects when that specific part touches something. And to check that a player has touched the part, make an if statement to check whether or not the thing that touched the part has a humanoid. And then we give the sword.

Here is your code:

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local Sword = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("Sword") -- put the name of the sword here
local Part = script.Parent

Part.Touched:Connect(function(hit) -- 'hit' is what touched the Part

if hit.Parent:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Humanoid") then -- if humanoid exists

local player = Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(hit.Parent)

if player then
			if player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("Sword") or player.Character:FindFirstChild("Sword") then -- if sword exists in the backpack or is already equipped

player.Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid"):UnequipTools() -- unequips any tool
				player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("Sword"):Destroy() -- removes the sword

else -- if sword is not in the backpack or if the sword isnt equipped

Sword:Clone().Parent = player.Backpack -- clones and places the sword in the backpack
			end
		end
	end
end)
9 Likes