How do I make multiple part skinned meshes?

I want to know how to make multiple part skinned meshes. Grand Piece Online has this Kraken model with multiple parts, I know this because there are neon parts on it and they seem to be one with the rig. How can I go on about doing something like this?
https://gyazo.com/54e72e8953d4183f14034340459b7bad

1 Like

with New Unified, Smart Mesh Importer Beta

Last I saw, the Smart Mesh Importer does not support skinning. Custom avatars will support multi part skinned mesh models. I use that.

If you want a model to be seamless with multiple parts, the edges where they meet must be identically skinned. If not, they will stretch and show gaps.

2 Likes

Here ya go

You then take the object you saved as FBX and put it into Mixamo to auto rig it, then export it from mixamo and put it into the custom avatar setting and it should work my man.

“If I’m not mistaken trying it myself rn I did something similar to this with another model I made trying to remember how I did it myself lol”

PS. If I remember the original way I did this I will absolutely let you know.

I’ll mark this as a solution, because it has the linked source.

Okay. I know it’s been months, but I’d like to clarify that I found the solution a while back… So all you have to do is make motor6D from the part with bones to the part without bones.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.