How do i make my model look at me?

Ok so imma go straight to the point

so i got my boy sans here, hes a rig, he works perfectly and can do whatever rigs can do, but i was wondering how can i make him look at me?
do i have to use BodyGyro or Align Orientation?, im currently learning how to script so i might not understand too much but i really need to understand how do i make him look at me

ya guys know how could i make this?

(ignore the animations folder its for the game im working on)

Maybe CFrame.lookAt, or you want other thing?

I recommend you use body turn I tell you that it is effective but you would have to use a while loop

This is basically the bare method

You need to find the closest player to the model(optional), and then point the head towards it.

--server script
local head = [model head part here]

local function findClosestPlayer()
	local biggestDist = 0
	local closestChar = nil
	for i, v in pairs(plrs:GetChildren()) do
		repeat task.wait() until workspace:FindFirstChild(v.Name) or v.Character
		local character = v.Character

local charHead = character:WaitForChild("Head")
		local dist = (head.Position - charHead.Position).magnitude
		if dist > biggestDist then
			biggestDist = dist
			closestChar = character
		end
	end

return closestChar
end

while true do -- can also wrap it around a stepped loop
    local char = findClosestPlayer()

local head = char:FindFirstChild("Head") --Changeable to whatever part of the character you want

local lookPos = head.Position
    head.CFrame = CFrame.lookAt(head.Position, lookPos)

task.wait()
end

Here is an example of how this can be used:

As you can see, when I pull out the bubblegum tool, the model’s head follows me, but as soon as I unequip the bubblegum tool, the head stays in place

This is my dev forum account that’s why the user is different in the video btw

1 Like

Hello!, im trying to find out how to move my models humanoidRootPart so it looks like the whole model is moving, i assume its mostly the same way right?

Yes, it’s the same thing except you just have to change the head variable to the humanoidRootPart

Hey @Alonso_lel , If the solution I gave above is right, can you please mark it as a solution and close this topic? Thanks.

opps sorry i forgot about that, and hey thanks it worked

1 Like

No problem!

(Character limit)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.