How do I make punching bag?

Hey there, I’m trying to make a punching bag for my VR game. This means it needs to be made using physics so then I can punch it and it will go back to its position. Problem is I’ve never really played around with these “physics” objects. If you know how I can do this please let me know. What I’ve done so far was adding a spring and a ball socket joint but it seems to not work how I would like LoL. VIDEO
Note that I havent done anything in the properties.

2 Likes

You could hand it with a Rope Constraint

2 Likes

I did make one that hangs already, but I want to make one like this where its on the ground.

If you put a BallSocketConstraint from it’s “Base Part” to the Punching Bag itself you can get the Punching Bag to tip over, but to make the Punching Bag go back to its original place you have to add a Align Position. Add two new Attachments, one parented to the Punching Bag while the other parented to the “Base Part”. Then position both attachments to the top of the Punching Bag. Set the Max Force to 2000, Max Velocity to 100, and Responsiveness from 50 - 200. You can increase the Max Force to make the Punching Bag stronger. Once you do all that you end up with this:

Punching Bag.rbxl (43.3 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you! This is what I was looking for.

1 Like