How do I make sure my game has no viruses?

(I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this, get me right if I’m wrong)

I’ve been wondering if there is a way to make sure my game is clean from any viruses.

For instance, how do I make sure it has no smart viruses just like TOPK3K? :thinking:

I used to implement a ton of free models on my projects very long ago, then I started to slowly decrease the amount of free models I used on my projects and nowadays I rarely use any free models, plus I do always check inside of them and/or get them from a trusted source.

(I no longer work on my oldest projects since long ago)

I’m mainly asking this to make sure my new projects have zero security breaches.
Please, let me know what you think about this down below. Thanks. :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Check plugins for back end scripts, models, and keep track of who you let inside your game.

2 Likes

Make sure that you don’t use any of the free models since most of the viruses came from them.

1 Like

Please search before posting a topic, there are tons of topic related to your problem.

1 Like

A solution is to play your game often. If you detect a virus, go to Studio. In the explorer window, search for “Script”. All the scripts will appear. For example, “debounce” scripts on tree leaves with almost 400 empty lines of code are malicious.

1 Like

(Thanks for your answers)

I already knew about free models and plugins (most rip-offs) being unsafe, I thought there were viruses harder to counter (but nevermind, It’s all good to know.) :tongue:

I guess doing everything from scratch and using necessary plugins will be the best option.

1 Like

Sorry, my bad. I did search about this using a poor choice of words…