How do I make that 'Certain' device have different UI?

So, me and my team have run into an issue. We have created amazing gui, however, we have a bit of problem at hand. The gui look’s very good on Xbox, Pc, and almost all phone’s.
The problem mostly lies in tablets.

Though we are having issue’s with certain device’s clipping outside and on tablets they are looking too tiny. They sometime even go everywhere. Sometimes to high or low. If you can tell us ways we can go around this it would really help.

Device Affected:
VGA
Samsung Tablet A
Iphone X
Ipad Pro
Ipad Generation 7

2 Likes

I don’t think you should create new UI for specific devices. It’ll just slow down your workflow in the end. Try and find out what’s wrong with your UI by asking the DevForum, maybe include pictures as well.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Sure why not. However can I at least make that my game’s Gui are almost alike?

Use scale if you wish, instead of offset for position and size. You could also change the position and size manually for each device, if you wish.

1 Like

How do I manually set position and size of each device?

I personally would look into using scale. Find out more about that, then tell me if you wanna go ahead with the manual configuration.

1 Like

Okay tell me more about manual configuration.

You can set up a function that checks what device is what device.
Here are the list of ways you can check if a device is a type of device (E.g. iPhone 6 - Mobile).

GuiService:IsTenFootInterface - Console
UserInputService.TouchEnabled - Mobile/Tablet
UserInputService.KeyboardEnabled - PC
UserInputService.AccelerometerEnabled - Something that’s on the tip of my tongue
UserInputService.GyroscopeEnabled - Something
UserInputService.GamepadEnabled - Gamepad

You can call the function, then set the UI’s position and size to fit the screen. (Better to use scale, but aight.)

3 Likes

Thank you so much. However I can I change a device? For what I mean is that I want the UI for iPhone 6 to be different than iPhone 13.

Use scale for that. Sorry, haven’t been on DevForum for a few days.

1 Like

It got fixed but, thank you for the help!

1 Like