How do i make the billboardgui not change its size while zooming out/in?

The issue occurs because you’re using offset instead of scale to size the billboard GUI and its elements, which will result in the billboard GUI always being the same size in pixels on a client’s screen. Switch over to scale.

29 Likes

That didn’t fix my problem.

3 Likes

Then you’re still using scale somewhere. If you can’t find where, I’m happy to look through a place file with the GUI.

3 Likes

Here is the file: file.rbxl (22.9 KB)

3 Likes

You are not using scale. You need to use scale to size the GUI elements.

File with offset changed to scale: file.rbxl (22.9 KB)

4 Likes

I made an NPC with a BillboardGui that has a Frame inside of it.
BillboardGui adornee = Characters head
BillboardGui Size = {4, 0},{1, 0}
BillboardGui Size Offset = 0, 2
Frame Size = 1,0,1,0

Screenshot close:

Screenshot far:
ScreenshotDistance

Roblox Studio File:
BillboardGui.rbxl (22.7 KB)

140 Likes

Thanks so much! :smile:

7 Likes

Why do people use the frame method? You literally only need the Scale value of a BillboardGui’s X and Y sizes in order to retain size upon the change of distance. A frame isn’t even required. Dandystan answered this question perfectly fine the first time around.

Using offset = Gui will change size
Using scale = Gui will retain size

You’re typically encouraged to use scale when working with UIs anyway. It is the intended sizing method. Scale is scale, offset is offset, they’re literal terms.

45 Likes

I am so confused? there isn’t an scale option? I can’t fix mine and i’ve tried to understand what is says above.

7 Likes

Click the size, and you will see arrows with X and Y. If you click that, you can see the scale and offset options.

19 Likes

OMG!!! Thank you so much. I’ve been looking for SO long

5 Likes

i wouldnt recommmend using that method, instead use scalling bro.

7 Likes

I used this for an overhead GUI, remember to set the text to “TextScaled”, otherwise, it will continue zooming.

16 Likes

100% Agree with you. Makes me wonder why Scale is not the deault by now.

12 Likes

It can be useful for other things. For example, maybe you don’t want an icon 1 percent of the way down the screen, you just want it to be 5 pixels away from the edge.

Also, it can be useful for billboard guis.

4 Likes

It can be useful for things, true, however majority of the time people are working with billboards they are using it in a construct that requires scale, not offset, which is why it should be the default.

4 Likes

that was my issue. didnt think it could be the reason. wild

2 Likes

How to make text on Billboard GUI not change?

2 Likes

On your textlabel, active the TextScaled

3 Likes

Not sure what’s going on, but when i try this method all it does is horribly offset my UI, makes it look squashed and doesn’t fix the zooming in/out problem. Video for example:
robloxapp-20220305-1710579.wmv (2.5 MB)
This is just with setting the size of an ImageLabel, doing everything else makes it look worse/almost identical to what’s in the video. Is there any way to fix this? Help here would be very much appreciated.