How do i make this door want to stay in place, but still be easily pushed open

i want this door to loosley stay in the closed position, but easily able to be pushed open

You could try using an AlignPosition with low force. The door can be pushed open, but will be pulled to a default position when other forces aren’t acting on it.

AlignOrientation, TorsionSpring, or just the HingeConstraint with Servo actuator should all be able to do this. You just need to start with a super low max torque and increase it until you get the desired feel. AlignOrientation and hinge servo will have a different look and feel than a weak torsion spring, so you can try them out and see what feels right to you. Spring torque increases the farther it gets from the goal (so the more the door is opened), whereas the other constraints try to achieve constant angular velocity and will apply up to their max torque to achieve this, regardless of how far open the door is.

Just make sure when you test the door that you give enough time for the physics to load into the game.

I tried this exact thing a few years ago and had so many issues testing because I’d spawn beside the door and immediately try pushing through it, but I was mostly blocked and had to drive my character through the door to get it to open. When I tried in game it opened way too easily.

I realized soon after that if I waited about 10 seconds when testing in Studio that all of the physics would get loaded into the game, and the door would operate normally and I could tweak the Properties until I was happy with it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.