How do I make this "Quest" better?

I tried making a quest for an rpg game. I am wondering how people who haven’t spent the last 2 days developing the experience will feel about it.

3 Likes

The quest itself is kinda dependant on the story so I can’t really say much about it.
but I do see other things that could be improved on such as

UI

The UI is a little all over the place and I would try to unify the style as much as possible, for example my favorite style of UI is rounded corner with bevel stroke like this
It’s also a good idea to pick a base color, blue is a popular choise but I like red and black because at least to me it has such caotic and energetic vibe to it.
And I don’t want the background to be boring so I would put a pattern to it as well so the final product would look somthing like this
I would change a little for buttons and such but yeah.

Although I would defenatly use a image than anything else, somthing like this

Here are some usefull stuff for you
UI 9-Slice Design | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub
Pixelfix: Remove the black edges on scaled images

Please note that this is just a suggestion so please please find a way or style that works for you and never let yourself be restrained by anyone about how you should make your game.

Map

I saw that if you look to the side you can there’s nothing beyond the forest, I would make somthing like a wall at the edge of the map and make the walls black(or really dark color) and set the material to neon so it looks like it does out infinitly and also make a invisible wall so that the player can’t get near it. If you want a more natural edge of the map then cliffs and oceans are your best friends.
The rocks doesn’t look like a rock, it looks more like a abstract object? I belive this would be a little better?

Please note that this is just a suggestion so please please find a way or style that works for you and never let yourself be restrained by anyone about how you should make your game.

Boss

I really liked the boss actually, the attacks were simple and there were no gimmicks but I think that’s good for a first boss and not every boss needs it.

Although the boss seemed a little unfocused on me, it’s hard to explain I defentaly think a long ranged attack would help very much(I know it have the rock throw but I want somthing more, like a spike wave or somthing).
Also the random spikes coming out of the floor, it would be really cool if it was paired with another attack, so you have to stay out of the red warnings whilst dodging another attack.

I do find the boss a little too difficult(unless that’s what you’re going for) the warnings are a little too short hard to dodge.

I found a bug too, after I died on the first attempt I respawned and the boss didn’t do anything so, I’m guessing you have to set the target character again?

Also please add a dash(not running dash) the double jump is kinda pointless unless there’s a obby or a flying enemy, I would much rather dodge sideways than vertically.

But this game seem like prototype so I’m guessing you’re gonna do all those later?
Please add music and sounds too while your at it.
Either way, I really like it! such type of game is so unique on this platform… sorry “metaverse” so I’m looking forward to see the final product.

3 Likes

Very thoughtful reply, thank you

Yes this is a prototype, i was actually planning on commissioning people to beautify the components like UI. But I like to do what I can, ill check out those resources.

Boss code is still very buggy… hard to get it right I would love to study someone elses code but all the boss tutorials i’ve seen have horrible code.

1 Like
I'll put everything in a hide detail box because I use alot of images and so the reply would be long lol

Starting off, this is some nice models and building, but why is everyone dead?

Also, why is there a sword I can take when I already have a sword?

is there something im supposed to do to increase my dmg?

Bro fell :skull:

Overall, its a nice game, however, it really isn’t that enjoyable as it seems like all you really do is hit the boss. The fight would be way more enjoyable if there was more attacks that are harder to dogde and if I dealt more damage. It was just a bit too slow paced.

1 Like