How do I make this UI look better?

I have these UI buttons but I feel like they are missing something, I want to keep the grey/black/white kind of colors since all the UI’s in the game have those colors, but I feel like the buttons are missing something to make them look nicer, any ideas?

UI:

(Also I know the music and the teleport buttons are kinda clashing inside each other, I fixed that lol)

4 Likes

Maybe space them out, or move them to the left side. I’m not a UI designer but I feel like the shop, twitter, and teleport buttons would be better on the left side of the screen

2 Likes

Thank you! Do you feel like the colors/transparency/background need to be changed? I don’t know why but I feel like they need to be edited I just can’t know what to edit them to.

1 Like

The UIs look a bit retro-like since they’re just a simple transparent background with an image. Idk how your game looks, like the maps, etc, but I think it should be fine.

2 Likes

Maybe you wanted too but personally I’d remove the transparent background they have and keep the image. Then create a darker version of the images like a grey-ish one and use it as the hoverimage for them. Then also either have them where they are or lined vertically in one of the bottom corners.

2 Likes

exampleimage

First off, I am by no means a UI expert, however here are a few things I believe could be implemented;

If you’re going to keep all the buttons side by side, I would ensure that there are no rounded corners (circled in red).

I would also ensure none of them are overlapping or gapped, one pretty noticeable one is the one circled in purple.

Also, if using icons like that, I would try to ensure they’re more consistent with one another, they all have a sort of different style/contrast to them. (some are blurry, some are bold, etc.) I would also suggest changing the sword icon as it doesn’t really fit in too well. (circled in pink)

Hopefully, I could help a bit, of course, everyone else has different preferences for design, so feel free to do whatever you feel most comfortable with!

4 Likes

i think you should make the icon more little in the grey box

something like this

And you can add some text :

By the way it’s will be better if you add a little bit of space between every square
(Here i use settings for the exemple)

2 Likes

make sure there is a gap between the buttons and make them a little smaller and compact

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the super-amazing feedback, I have gotten so many cool ideas because of you all !!

2 Likes