How do I make this?

I want to make a verify button. If you click the wrong answer, you get banned of the game for 4 days. How do I make that? so far i have this:

script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()

end)

Pls help me

3 Likes

Is this like a quiz type verification where if you click any wrong answer and press verify you get banned for 4 days?

Add a datastore to the game, a dictionary (JSON encoded) that holds: Players who are banned, AND when they were banned (os.time()). When the player joins, get the datastore information (JSON Decoded this time), and if os.time() - banTime >= 60*60*24*4 then you can let them into the game. If not, kick them

(has to be done from a serverscript, so you will likely have to use a remote event for this as well)

yes, but you only get 1 try:

each image could be a image button. Then when the client clicks one it tells the server to check if they should be banned.

Since the person below my post posted a good idea, you may want try that.

the thing is i’m not a pro scripter, nonetheless DataStores!
(i have no idea how to use datastore pls help me)

To achieve your verification quiz your gonna need some knowledge on Datastores and remote events/functions, so here are the devhub articles for simple usage guide.
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/onboarding/intro-to-saving-data/1

1 Like

PLS SOMEONE HELP! I CAN GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO YOU NEED TO SCRIPT THIS FOR ME. I DON’T UNDERSTAND DATASTORES! :pleading_face:

Have you read the linked articles about datastores?

Yes, I found it too complicated. especially bc he’s making a gold counter, i’m making a ban system that bans you for 4 days

Do you want me to just join your teamcreate and set it all up for you?

I think you should learn scripting first, nothing is complicated nor impossible.
LUA is the easiest programming language to learn, so you can give it a try.

1 Like