How do I make tiles?

I’m having trouble with tiles like this any advice

(This is kind of old but Roblox is down)

5 Likes

To get a tile look, make them square, and you might want to make a normal map to give the tiles some depth.

1 Like

I’m assuming you made those tiles with a texture. If you actually want to make each individual part, it will be time-consuming and pretty inefficient but if you’re diligent enough, go for it! Just make your scale factor as low as possible to make the tiles as flush or as wide as needed. Then just insert parts and duplicate!

1 Like

PBR textures and surface appearences

1 Like

Add more thickness to each tile, And it will most likely look cooler and different, If you dislike that idea randomize each tiles rotation size and anything else. More options if you want square tiles then do so. If you dislike that then randomly scale each thickness you like. I see you are going for a mostly modern look so i dont suspect you using any of my suggestions, Anyway goodluck.

It was not a texture it was individually place tiles but it was time consuming and very inconsistent.

Ohhh, I see. Then I think you should definitely try using a texture. I’m sure there are tile textures somewhere out there. Thanks for explaining though!

Usually if there aren’t good tile textures out there I recommend just finding one online (like google images) and uploading it as a roblox decal, then you can use it for a texture! (plus you could be able to find much closer to what you’re looking for and probably in much higher quality too)