How Do I Move A GUI?

Kinda embarrassing but I have a GUI that I wanna move, When I click it nothing happens, Even if I open the UI icon I can’t do anything. Also, I have downloaded GUI editor Plugins yet non help…

3 Likes

Try selecting it in the Explorer and then try moving it on the screen.

1 Like

Are you trying to move A GUI’s absolute position, or a frames position? if a frame then a reliable way to do this, if this happens again, is to go into its properties and change the position. otherwise you might have to use a script for a GUI’s absolute position, even though that isn’t necessary.

Here is an article on GUI’s for more info on them: UI | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

(Good thing to note, watch which plugins you use, they can corrupt your game and usually might not work if it is from a user no one has heard about).

4 Likes

Also Make sure your GUI isn’t in a folder, this will prevent it from being able to be moved!

12 Likes

To connect with @Jaycbee05 your GUI should only be a child to StarterGui as well as PlayerGui when your game is played anyway.

I’m trying to move its frame position. ( If that means it being on a different side of the screen)

I already tried that. (30 char)

Sorry read that wrong, I meant Absolute position.

Is there a reason why you need to move its absolute position? Why not move the frame’s position? Make sure that nothing, but StarterGui holds the GUI as well. (next time it is better to edit your post then make a new one btw).

Make Sure You Read This Article: UI | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like

Ok Iv’e got it to move but is that the only way? There’s got to be a way I can just drag it to a point or something. Thanks for the solution btw.

You should be able to drag it as long the Gui is in a Screen Gui and is not parented to a Folder
(Also For future reference this type of topic is more fitting in #help-and-feedback:art-design-support)

if you cant drag the GUI at all and you are certain that this is a bug, you can submit a bug report Here: #platform-feedback:studio-bugs ( i don’t think it is, but you never know)

2 Likes

Hello! I’m not sure what you mean by moving a GUI. Do you mean in studio or in game?
For in-game movement, you can write a local script and use tweens. Here is an example script.

local frame = script.Parent.Parent.Frame

script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	frame:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.5, 0,0.5, 0), 'Out', 'Bounce', '1')
end)

You would put the above script into a Text Button.

If you’re trying to move it in studio, here’s a little GIF of how to do so:
https://gyazo.com/2d620c95454294480ebfa538a4bfd7f2

I hope this helps! Also, like somebody above said, check out the wiki: UI | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

3 Likes

You can drag it to a point manually. As I said, all you have to do is select the GuiObject in Explorer and then proceed to drag it to wherever you need it.

Try this and see if it works:
https://gyazo.com/3a4b7e9124d854a2ddcfb0f8b879612a

3 Likes

Thanks, really helped with the visuals.