How do I move an entire map?

I got this map made recently, and the only issue is that my game relies on positions with various systems stemming from the center of the map (x = 0, z = 0)

This map is not centered, the baseplate represents where the center should be. Is there a way I could move everything over (terrain included) so that it is in the center of the entire game?

2 Likes

As long as you don’t have any Terrain, you can select the workspace object and the move tool will move everything, but with Terrain you likely need to find a plugin that can move it.

If the Terrain isn’t too big you can use the Terrain Region tool tab.

First choose the regular Part Move tool with the move increment set to 4 (each Terrain voxel is 4x4x4 studs) and select all the Parts and Models at the same time in the workspace. Drag the entire Parts map to center as close as possible to 0,0,0

Then click the Region tab and the Select tool.
Drag the selection box over the entire area of Terrain you want to move. You can adjust the size of the area with the blue resizing handles.
Click the Move tool while the Selection box is still highlighted.
Drag the selected box to align it with the Parts and Models you moved in the first step.

As seen in the pic, there is quite a bit of terrain.

I tried that but unfortunately there is a lot of terrain, too much for the max size of the region tool.

Ah, You can do it the same way, just in multiple chunks starting with the corner that has to move away from the center first. Drag that chunk over, select the next chunk, and so on. You just want to keep the selectionboxes the same size so you don’t overlap them when dragging.

I might be saying something very dumb but… can’t you simply use a relative position?
Take away the position from the center if the map and then do what you need

No?

Minecraft when a Player is trying to fill big areas:

Roblox when Developers are trying to do anything:

1 Like