How do i move like shift lock without shift lock?

*What do you want to achieve?

I was making a system so that the player could only move sideways and so i did that.

I set the camera to a part but when i shift lock it isnt making the player facing forward since i want it to actually be kind of realistic.

so how would i make the player face forward only without facing left or right while moving sideways(Kind Of Like Using Shift Lock).

the current situation:

What i want it to be like:

4 Likes

I would anchor them at a certain position when they spawn there and use the ← and the → keys to move them around. you can move them while they’re anchored using the tween between pos1 and pos2 function.

3 Likes

are there any ways other than anchoring and tweening the player?

3 Likes

yes, im very smart (im not).
you can keep the real humanoid player in another room, and use a copy of their avatar but with everything removed so it is a rig that doesn’t move towards something when using the key binds.

for example, vayouls is in the main room, and its the real vay, but there’s a copy of him playing on the football camp with every part that companies a humanoid in Roblox removed, so its avatar is just a plain stick.

or

option 2

when entering there, make it so that each part of the Roblox character related to movement is deleted so its just a character that stays still without animation.

(give me admin in the game) ty im a genies

2 Likes

u r indeed a genie but are there any other options

1 Like

its 3 options. excuse yourself.

1 Like

i will indeed test the sec option ill info if it work

1 Like

try disabling the humanoid autorotate property

3 Likes

tysm man appreciate it thanks all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.