How do I not get moderated for uploading perfectly fine textures?

Here’s a small list of my problems and what I want to figure out:

1. I want to not get warned for uploading simple textures.

2. I keep receiving warnings for textures that I’m uploading that are not inappropriate at all.

3. How do I have these false warnings removed from my history permanently?

Warning & Texture

My warning:

My texture:

How do I avoid this? This shouldn’t even be a problem to begin with.

8 Likes

Roblox moderation is really broken, you don’t expect bots to be as intelligent as human moderators. Unfortunately it’s not something you can avoid, mistakes will be made :confused:

I have hope Roblox is improving their moderation as time goes on

7 Likes

Hello 1iK,

A few of my friends came across this issue as well and to give you a simple and quick answer, there isn’t a way to stop receiving warnings for the textures and other assets you choose to upload. ROBLOX has a weird way of giving out moderation warnings and I know people who’ve actually been terminated because of this. Not sure why you’d be moderated for that image but there is a way to clear yourself of that moderation warning and use the texture; just simply appeal it through email and let them review your asset (by an actual human) and let them decide!

Hopefully this helps!

As unfortunate as it is, there really isn’t anything you can do besides cross your fingers and hope the moderation is improved.

2 Likes

I’ve been told that it’s human moderators though, by top contributors even. Are they just wrong?
bothting
@lluckvy @Assetious

2 Likes

They do, however as said in this post right here, it’s hard to moderate hundreds of assets a day with only humans. Of course some auto moderation is implemented to make it easier, but will not always be accurate

3 Likes

I don’t wanna be the one to say they are wrong (because I’m not 100% sure) but they do moderate things that don’t need to be moderated for no reason a lot. This is why many people believe they have some sort of automated system to do it for them.

2 Likes

This doesn’t really make me optimistic or hopeful considering that thread was made 2 years ago and we’re still having this issue today.

1 Like

We really can’t give you any tips to bypass the filters. In case your images and other assets get denied, you may contact Moderation Review Requests.

1 Like

Not much of a bypass if the asset wasn’t inappropriate to begin with, but sure, ok.

1 Like

Yeah lol, but I had PMed the group once and I had received a response the next day. Even though it could be a little bit inconvenient, it’s the only solution out there except for Roblox Support.

1 Like

That statement was said by a Community Editor. Not a Roblox Employee. They do not know that for sure.

I still stand by what I said in this post. Roblox has humans on each moderation team and that includes image moderation. The most a bot might do is flag an image for manual review or check a new asset against a previously declined one: a bot itself does not accept or reject images.

If you have trouble uploading an asset, message the Moderation Review Requests group.

@Discgolftaco231 That statement was made based off of staff replies to public threads countless times regarding moderation, it’s not my own opinion.

4 Likes

I’d recommend posting images/decals on an alternate account, that way all the moderation notes go to your alt.

1 Like

Lol broken bot. Make sure the file u sent somehow has no link or watermark with a link. Idrk anything else I can say…

1 Like

Well I’m banned for uploading my shirt accidentally as a decal. So I can’t help you with moderation.

Anyways I would just upload it on alts until they’re accepted then upload on your main.

1 Like

Appealing has never worked for me. I’ve never been responded to, ever. Not saying it can’t happen, but I am saying I’m very rapidly losing trust in the system.
Three years later we have the same problem, it’s not going to get better.

Edit: I recieved my first appeal response from a staff member the other day, basically telling me that they cannot appeal content because it’s automatically removed from roblox when flagged.

2 Likes