How do I open PRX files in roblox studio or convert them?

Dear developers,

I am struggling trying to find a way to insert a PRX file in roblox studio! I am wondering if anyone can help me with the problem. Thanks! And also my PC don’t even recognize the file so I can’t open it.

2 Likes

What are you trying to accomplish with a .prx file? It’s use is specifically for working with multimedia applications on the Windows operating system.

1 Like

I riped models from an iso file from a psp game called LocoRoco. I was hoping I can try to use the textures and models to Remake the first few stages in the game and make the title screen move like they do In the game.

According to the web, it doesn’t seem like the .prx file was the right file to obtain assets. If you where trying to take a games assets, I think you would need to extract something else from the .iso.

Also, I saw your post regarding making a LocoRoco style game a day or two ago.

I don’t think it is a good idea to take materials of a game, even if it just for reference purposes. It is a real published game for the PSP, and I would assume it is illegal to try and extract resources from it.

I love your idea to bring the game idea to roblox, but if you are going to make a game inspired by RocoLoco, I would recommend using gameplay as references, and not trying to steal anything.

I know from your first post on the subject, that you do not plan to actual publish any of the ripped assets, but I still don’t think it’s a good idea to try and use them in the first place.

2 Likes

I know it isn’t a good Idea to steel the models but I wanted to use them as place holders because I don’t know how to model.

1 Like

It’s up to you, but I wouldn’t take the risk. Just make something cheap and low quality as a placeholder, instead of taking the chance of possibly getting in legal trouble if you are found out.

2 Likes

Ok I can try. Maybe I can just put peoples roblox avatars in a ball and have that be the LocoRoco. Kind of a mix between RocoLoco and super monkey ball.

2 Likes

Does Roblox Studio support prx file?

1 Like

What you could try do is decompile the .prx file into a blender compatible .scn file using an addon called “thugtools”. This addon is only available for blender 2.79b and not 2.8. And through blender you can rewrite and export the file as a wayfront .obj file which Roblox studio is compatible with.

(I don’t recommend using .FBX files with decompiled .prx files as the materials and textures tend to mess up. You can always open the obj file into blender 2.8 and use the unwrapping tool to make a custom uv map which you can then paint on).

1 Like