How do I pay my Developers?

Hello People! I’m going to hire people for my game! This will also be my first game so please reply and tell me if I should not be doing this early. This will also be my first DevForum so please don’t judge! Anyways on to the problem: If i’m gonna hire then how will I pay my developers with 2 Robux? I only have 2 Robux and no more. Please tell me what I should do! Should I hire this early or wait till I get some large amount of Robux? (Also tell me what is supposed this should be in) Hope you have a nice day!

1 Like

You will not be able to hire a developer by paying them 2 robux, if you want to pay developers with robux, you will need to get a much larger amount, by doing comissions or making a solo game to make some.
There are also some other options, you can also pay developers with a percentage of the game. For example, the developer would get 20% of the game’s revenue once it is released, and wouldn’t require you to pay any additional robux, meaning you don’t need to get more right now and can rely on the game’s income once it’s done.
I’d say it is a good idea to start of by making a small solo game to gain at least some robux to start with. Even though you could pay devs with a percentage, it is good to have some robux for advertising/sponsoring.

1 Like

You can:

1. Buy more robux
  2. Pay them using a percent of the revenue from the game
  3. Pay them with real money
  4. Only hire new developers who will work for experience the first time, they would be hard to find though

OR to get more robux to pay them with you could do commissions which is you make something small for someone else and get payed for it, like if you built one little ice cream stand instead of the entire map or wrote one script or played one song.

OR if you think you can do everything yourself then you could make the game solo.

3 Likes

if i were you, i would get some more robux if possible, if you cant, then i would try to find some people who are doing it for free, you could also try to learn that thing you need help with
and if you do get robux and hire a developer, a way i would pay them is through a gamepass/shirt, they make it the price of how much you hired them for (or more because roblox takes a little bit), then you buy it, but it doesn’t need to be a gamepass/shirt, it could be group funds (which im pretty sure roblox doesn’t take, but im not sure), or something else

(you could also do what @xander5610 and the others said) also, it doesn’t need to be specifically robux, but most people want to work for robux and not something else like a model

2 Likes

Thank you for helping me! I was also thinking the same as you.

1 Like

Ya, they don’t take group funds. That’s the best option if you have a group.

1 Like

Perfect because I do have group!

1 Like