How do I playtest my game in roblox studio with VR? (Quest 2)

Hello, I’ve decided to try and make a VR game, but first I had to connect my headset with my PC to which I did (using cable, not wireless). However, to any attempts I did, it did not work, any topics or videos I tried finding were either outdated or didn’t help whatsoever, having a step-by-step guide to check if I did everything correct would be amazing, if I find anything wrong, I’ll let you know so I can see what’s wrong. Also, is it recommended to use wireless instead of cable to connect? Just wanted to quickly know. Thanks!

1 Like

go to studio settings → rendering and turn on VR Mode & restart studio.
if it doesnt enter VR mode when you enter playtest mode then you have to also enable VR in the pause menu and reenter playtest mode

1 Like

The VR enable option doesn’t appear for me in the pause menu (and yes, it’s enabled in studio settings)

is your headset connected prior to launching roblox studio?
try joining a live game with your headset connected and that setting should appear, it should be turned on by default if roblox detects a VR device, but if it isnt you can turn it on in-game and that setting will carry over to roblox studio

It works! For some reason I had to play a live game for example VR Hands v3.0 on my pc fully connected. To see if you are connected, open Meta Quest Link on your PC, go to Devices. If you’re using wired but not USB-3, it will signal orange meaning USB-3 isn’t used but it is still connected with your PC, if you use Airlink, then it should be green meaning connected). Go play any game that supports vr like the one I mentioned before on your PC, it should immediately put you into VR (If you’ve opened the button showing your battery at the bottom left, then went to Quest Link and connect with your PC, it’s also where you can switch to Airlink btw. If roblox hasn’t opened for you immediately, click on roblox that should be shown right infront of you. It should all work BUT if on your PC it shows you are moving around in the experience but inside of your headset it says “Unknown Source”, exit Roblox, go to Meta Quest Link on your PC, open Settings → General and at the very top disable Unknown Source. It should all work now and you are able to playtest roblox studio by opening either a new desktop and then roblox studio or it immediately opens for you. It should then say “Loading…”. If you playtest your game it should all work and you are able to play it on your VR. It also says “VR Mode” at the bottom right.
Here is a screenshot of how it looks like on my PC. I hope this helped anyone who had the same issues as me.

1 Like