How do I prevent gameplay paused

My friend and I were testing my game out, but we ran into a bug. When you hit someone, some knockback is inflicted onto their character. When you respawn, you get a message that the gameplay is paused. It appears that you have been flung into the sky.

I have a script running on the client, that checks if the humanoidrootpart’s velocity is higher than 65. If the humanoidrootpart’s velocity is higher than 65, then we set the velocity to Vecter3.new(0, 0, 0). After the fix, we still encountered the problem.

When does gameplay paused happen? Why does it happen? Should I lower the knockback? What other measures could I make to prevent gameplay paused?

2 Likes

All I know is, in the player there is a property called “GameplayPaused” you could try doing a while loop to make it so it always is set to false, but I’m not sure if it will work.

1 Like

You could set workspace.StreamingEnabled to false or set the workspace.StreamingIntegrityMode to disabled

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.