How do I reduce Image Button hit box?

I have an image button that acts as the play button on the starting menu. Once you hover over the button, it’s size enlarges. The problem is that I want it to where you hover over the actual image instead of the whole image box - if that makes sense? My reasoning for that is because I don’t want the player’s mouse barely anywhere near the button, and it just enlarges out of nowhere. Not only is hovering the problem, but when you click from far away, it activates. Hopefully, you understood what I meant.

Video:
robloxapp-20200528-1508348.wmv (575.7 KB)

One thing you could do is create an image label then just make a different hitbox that can manipulate the image label’s size using :MouseEnter()

1 Like

robloxapp-20200528-1508348.wmv (575.7 KB)

I know this may sound a bit weird but putting credits on the start screen is kind of a turn off…

1 Like

Yeah, no, I don’t have credits. I’m pretty sure no one sees them, so I don’t put them in.

Can you ellaborate or explain it differently?

Inputs happen on the actual Gui element, not the image. If you want this behaviour, you need to either modify your texture so that it covers realistically the entire space of the ImageButton or make a proxy object to handle Gui input for you (e.g. a TextButton that has the relative size of the texture).

Also, wrong category. I have changed it accordingly from Scripting Support to Art Design Support, as this isn’t a coding issue. Please read category guidelines before posting.

1 Like

Make an image label of the play button and then make a different textbutton with blank text as a hitbox for your image.