How do I remove grass floating?

Ever since I used terrain, i’ve been getting patches like this.

Is there a way to fix it or anything?

5 Likes

Not sure
Try filling that area with grass terrain and then removing it, or filling that area with non grass, and removing it.
Try toggling the Decorations property of the terrain class off and on again.

2 Likes

Maybe use erode…unless you’ve tried that. I’ve only used terrain once or twice, but I think your best bet is erode, or just make little mountains to cover the space underneath the grass.

You can use the grow tool to create a mound big enough to reach the floating pieces of grass, then use the erode/flatten tool to flatten and remove that mound.

So I’ve noticed if you paint this another color update it then go back with grass it will disappear. (Once another material wait for it to go away)

Is this in Studio, or actually in game? I get this in Studio after removing grass, and I have to restart Studio to remove it.

Guess you could try disabling decoration, saving, restarting Studio, and re-enabling decorations if not?

1 Like

Have you found a way to reproduce this? This seems like it might just be a bug

It disappears in Studio, I updated the game but it is still there in game. Weird.

I haven’t apart from sometimes when I CTRL+Z I get some grass patches in studio. I just restart studio and it’s gone. In game, it’s still there after its updated.

In Studio if I zoom way back until the grass graphics render change occurs (grass gets less detailed) and then zoom back it gets rid of it for me.

Not sure if it’ll affect the actual game though…

Zoom out till its no longer rendered. zoom back in. it should be gone. its a rendering error on the studio.

Seems similar to something I reported a while ago. Try using regions to delete the floating grass.

2 Likes