How do i replicate Euphoria style ragdoll physics?

Hello all!

So what do i want to achieve? well, i want my characters to ragdoll in a similar and realistic style, like done with the Euphoria Physics Engine, which is mounted into the game engine which was used to make Grand Theft Auto 4, which is why the characters react so realistically when falling, slipping etc.

If you want to know more about what i’m trying to achieve, here is a great video showing the result i hope to get:

So what is the issue? well, i have no idea on how to make this a reality. I have tried to edit and tweak ragdoll scripts, but they all end up creating a rather fake, unsatisfying ragdoll, which looks and feels unrealistic.

Thank you!

8 Likes

I’m not exactly an expert on this topic, but I found a few results on the web:

I don’t know exactly how reliable those sources are. Also, there are some videos on the web which I didn’t include here. Just search for “euphoria roblox”. Hope all this helps :smile:.

3 Likes

Thanks for all these sources! I’ll take a look at them!

1 Like

Reply to the people who look for the euphoria scripts:

A single euphoria script can’t exist, that’s impossible and thats also why you can’t find scripts for it.
Making a euphoria behaviour is also not that easy you need to add a animation for the ragdoll models / humanoid.

Or you can make a character and attach parts and scripts to make the parts move the limbs.
And use it with a scripts copy that action in every toggle in the running game.

You really need time to make it.

3 Likes

Hello, I know this topic is almost 4 years old now but it’s annoying to search on the web and find no results about this topic.

First of all, Euphoria physics is based on what the video says, artificial intelligence and realistic body simulation. Meaning that the skeleton, muscles and a few other stuff are simulated in Euphoria. Of course in most games that claim to have “Euphoria”, they simplify all of this to make it easier for everyone (Except Roblox games, I haven’t seen real simulated active ragdolls in them yet). I believe what they do is have an active ragdoll that’s controlled by muscles, or motors of some sorts based on their engine (The terms might be different but it’s kind of the same), and give responses with modules and artificial intelligence. I believe you can do this by training a neural network inside of Roblox, which isn’t that hard if you know how NNs work math-wise, or doing a few hacks like connecting a spring to an active ragdoll which there are a few topics on this, Animated Ragdolls! (a somewhat similar topic).

Now, if someone wants to script “Euphoria” style ragdoll physics themselves, they should study topics about neural networks (or any artificial intelligence models) learning about balancing active ragdolls, or in this case, virtual humans. The topic itself is very very deep and can be exhausting, but if you know the right stuff, you can do it pretty easily I believe. It takes time.

To study these type of stuff, you can search the web for algorithms related to ragdoll physics and balancing. A few examples would be from Reddit, made in the game engine Unity, Reddit - Dive into anything, Reddit - Dive into anything.

I hope this can help whoever reading this topic now, I know it’s a complex topic and there are about no information on the web but I believe someone that knows their job can do this.

4 Likes

First of all, you must learn how AIs work and how to make one.
You should use CFrame, calculations, predictions, lookVectors and force apply

1 Like