How do I request my DevEx tax documents?

This is an embarrassing question that I’d rather not put on the forums, but roblox has left me no choice.

I was supposed to get my tax document - 1099 - from Roblox months ago. I saw the email Roblox sent me then, and starred the email, only to realize the email that roblox sent was the one informing me that I WOULD get my tax documents via email, not the email containing the tax document itself.

I have been searching, for over a day now, for that email - only to find that it does not exist. Either it was never emailed to me, or it immediately went into the spam folder (Why? I don’t know. Didn’t do that any year prior.)

Now, it is the day after tax day - And after getting horrific canned responses from the support emails, (thanks, guys, really nice of you.) I’ve found no actual way to get my tax documents, and I am likely going to have to pay a fine filing my taxes.

How do I get my tax documents? Literally, how? I cannot find ANY way to request them. Support emails have left me on read. I am suffering here. Roblox is effectively cornering me in very close to breaking the law here. I tried the dev ex website but it only appears to have the form for submitting tax information, not getting it.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly (I don’t use DevEx), the Tax Form can be retrieved from the Tipalti portal account. You might need to contact support there for further assistance, though I might be wrong here.

The Tipalti portal is simply a screen for entering in my tax information, for use of getting the dev-ex, as well as viewing past payments - it does not really appear to have the 1099 on it. Normally, Roblox emails you with a third-party service that provides the digital tax document, but it appears whatever system they used this year (though no other year) has either not actually sent to me, or was deposited into spam and deleted.

Have you tried to contact support? That seems much more productive than posting a thread on the forums. Though I’m also curious has I have yet to deal with DevEx or taxes yet. I was going to earlier this year, but it didn’t go through. I was approved for DevEx, but they denied the exchange because they “couldn’t verify” something that they definitely could have. I just haven’t bothered to escalate the case or try again yet.

What a bold way to admit you didn’t read the thread all the way :wink:

Yes, as stated, support emails so far have been widely unsuccessful, resulting in canned replies

1 Like

Sorry, I hadn’t slept then (or at all recently). I forgot to clarify when asking that if you did that through normal support or DevEx support:

(How To option might be more accurate though)

But if that’s what you meant and you’ve already tried that (and got past all of the wonderful bot emails), then I hope you find a solution or finally get a response from somebody who can help :+1:

I did end up getting in contact through ‘My Request’ - When using the other DeveEx option it seemingly connected me with a normal support agent who gave me a canned response, rather than someone DevEx specific, which is what the My Request form did

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.