How do I search for instance types anymore?

I used to be able to type “decal” in the search bar in the Explorer to find every decal that was in a place, but now I am unable to do that. When I try to do so, nothing comes up.

And yet, when I search “face” I come across multiple decal instances in player models. There ARE decals in the place, so what’s going on?

Why is this happening? Why can’t I find anything as easily as I used to anymore? No doubt this is the case for other instance types too, like scripts and sounds.

This is a frusturating update for me, because I don’t understand this new, complex system. It’s overwhelming with these filtering tags and weird search methods, which one am I supposed to use? How am I supposed to use it?

It’s demotivating and makes me not want to even touch ROBLOX Studio because of how confusing it is to figure out.

classname:decal

Syntax:
<property>: <value>

You can also do:
classname=decal

This is basically just more absolute and tells the search to only strictly get Instances where the ClassName equals Decal (not just matching part of it)

1 Like

Thank you very much. ROBLOX Studio has changed a considerable amount within the past year, and not even a month ago I was able to search for instance types with no issues.

I was definitely not expecting there to be new ways to search for something down to the specific detail, so when I opened up ROBLOX Studio and tried searching the way I used to I was confused when no results came up. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.