How Do I set StarterCharacter to bone rig, and apply custom animations to it?

I CHANGED THE TOPIC LOCATION TO SCRIPT SUPPORT BECAUSE THERE WAS NO RESPONSE

Sorry if it doesn’t fit the category, I am kinda new. Anyways, onto the problem.

So I inserted this robot model using Avatar Importer Plugin.

(I rigged model using Mixamo, all bones are in RootPart.)

And now I want to set it as a player character and apply my animations to it (animations that are made for bone rigs, of course).
…One small issue that I couldn’t really find any good tutorials about this topic.

Any help is appreciated!

1 Like

Just in case -
Animations are .fbx files, I got them from Mixamo too.

You should add a model in starter player name named “StarterCharacter” and put a humanoid in it, then put your character rig in it and name one part the humanoidrootpart. It is pretty much the same as how to make all custom characters even if they aren’t rigged

But how about adding animations to it? Do I need to copy R15 Animate script and just change the IDs or something else?

Here are coming errors.

You see, this is a bone rig, and it got completely different part names.

…So this will be kinda problematic.
So how do I need to change the Animate script for it to work?

Try making your a lil script to play the animation bc it might just be the animator script that isn’t working, you might need to remake it tho (I’m not entirely sure so try doing more research)

Now from my knowledge animations should play on the available rig, the problem with the Animate script is that it’s detecting parts that aren’t there. Try using a R15 animate script.

Doesn’t really work quite well.
The player spawns, no errors nor warnings are shown in console, the camera is stuck, and it just T-Poses. (I can’t upload video for some reason.)

Have you found a solution because I have been having this problem for the last few days and it is getting really stressful now.

No I haven’t, but I guess I will just place bones in R15 hierarchy and just import it as a R15 avatar.
Click here to view Roblox Documentation on R15 requirements.

I managed to figure out how to apply the animations to the character using a mixamo body and animations.
This is it working. It is still a bit buggy but I am working on making it work well
robloxapp-20221103-2107435.wmv (747.6 KB)

Oooo do tell, I’ve been looking for ages!

Please send the solution. I still haven’t figured it out.

So can you please send what you did to set it up? I am still striggling to figure out how.

Could you please share with us how you did that? I’m also trying here, if I can find the solution I’ll share with you all. Seems like it should be something trivial.